Interview with Author Rituparna Deshmukh

First of all, I would like to welcome you in the literary world. Being capable of expressing feelings in the form of words is itself an achievement. Here, at Word Curd we would like to express your feelings and experience as a writer, reader and as a human.



And now as you have entered this world, how do you feel being a member of it?
In fact, it reminds me my first day of school. Everything was all new, and astonishing. That day was a bit frightening but this day of being a part of literary world gives me a feeling that I have done something extraordinary to be a part of it and I owed it. This feeling is amazing, can not be expressed in words but it gives me a sense of completeness and would like to add on constructively to serve it further.


What made you think your book is different from others? What makes your book special that reader should pick it?
My book title ‘Married Virgins – A story of formidable celibacy promise in Marriage’ itself suggests it’s a different storyline written on a secret celibacy promise between a bride and groom that they won’t indulge in ‘sex’ after their marriage with a hidden reason. Discussing bedroom secrets of newly married couple is almost compelling readers to pick up this book and understand the circumstances behind this promise. The story does involve ‘Love’ element but it is story of ‘Marriage after Love’. Other than the storyline, the language is very simple and easily understandable to readers. The book is complete package of Emotion, Friendship, Relationship, Hatred, Sacrifices and Love!      




While writing this book what were your expectations from the book? Were you sure that this book could give wings to your writing career?
Speaking true, I never ever thought that the pages I’m writing will convert into a book one day. Being reader and introvert thinker, I had a topic in my mind and was sure it will click with the reader. So, I constructed the story surrounding the basic theme of ‘Secret Celibacy Promise in Marriage’. With a lot expectations, I asked some of my friends to read it part by part and the responses I got from them were very much motivating and I am pretty much sure that further writing on such unique topics will definitely boost up my writing career. 



What do you think of writing as a career? What importance does literature plays in your life?
I was very much fond of literature since the beginning of my life. I can say it’s in my genes. Being a professional Medical Administrator, literature does play a role of stress buster in my hectic life. I read or write daily at night may be for few minutes a day and it takes me in a different world of fantasy and ecstasy. It makes me feel that I do have a different life in my existing single life. Writing can be a good career choice but one need to have a lot of patience to take it off. But more than money it gives a sense of realization and satisfaction.    

  
What according to you is the best way to connect to readers? Words shooting from heart, an extraordinary story or something else?
According to me, best novel recipe’s first ingredient should a best theme and secondly writers belief, confidence and attachment to the story. If writer thinks his concept will click, he/she pours his/her heart to make it a very interesting read for the readers. Writer should feel himself as a protagonist so that when reader reads it, it gives them a feeling of being living in the story itself.     




Now as your debut book arrives in the market, what do you expect from your readers?
I expect my readers to enjoy the book. If they feel they are somewhere the part of this story or the story revolves around their personal or friend’s life it would give me a great satisfaction. I’m confident that readers will definitely love this book and they will talk about it to their pear groups. I will really appreciate their feedback on my fb page and on my e-mail id. 


When you were in the initial phase of the writing journey, what obstacles you faced as a debutant author?
By God grace, I do not have to face any bigger obstacle throughout the journey but yes my patience was tested. It took me around 3 years to complete the manuscript, self editing it, waiting for its reviews from my friends, publishers’ approval, and its further processing. I must appreciate my self belief in the story that I have written a best story and my friends, family and publisher’s support and their assertiveness helps me to take best out of me.  

     
What do you think is the purpose of your writing? What difference does writing makes to your life?
If not writing, then what?

I couldn’t imagine how boring my life would be if I was not writing or reading. I started writing as I had stored many thoughts in my ‘Mind Bank’. It was getting very difficult for me to let them control it in my mind. So I pour it all as much as I can and now I’m feeling relaxed but it paves way to new thoughts which are generating inside now. Writing is giving me a new hope of what good I can do to myself and where I can take it now onwards.  

 
Does at any stage you feel like leaving the script in the halfway. Who would you like to give the credit of being a constant inspirer?
Never. I never felt leaving the script in the halfway as I had strong belief in my script. I knew the script will turn out best at the end of it. My self confidence and dedication to write a best story was constant inspirer behind completing the whole script. The script engrossed me so nicely that I felt burn out many times and even after taking few breaks in writing, it was pushing me to complete it as new thoughts were pouring in constantly.

         
Last, but most important question readers would want to know- Are you working on another book? If yes, how different is this from your last work?
Yes, I’m working and writing my second book. It will be a different story as in all stories ‘Hero’ is the protagonist and villain has no say. So, in my second novel, a villain will be a protagonist and story will depict different shades of a villain’s life. The story revolves around boy, suffering from ‘Hypersexual disorder’, and habitual to bed every ‘bad and spoiled’ girl’.The story will reveal further the secret behind his act and his revenge on girls. 
Thank you for sparing your precious time!
We hope you enjoyed the session.




Thank you for sparing your precious time!
We hope you enjoyed the session.
Team WordCurd!



Wordcurd

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment